Oops! Looks like there is limited availability for spaces that meet your search criteria.
Phone icon Please call us at 800-792-1602 and we'll help you find perfect storage space.
Storage Types in Oregon City
- Boat Storage Units in Oregon City, OR
- Businesss Storage Units in Oregon City, OR
- Vehicle Storage Units in Oregon City, OR
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Oregon City, OR
- RV Storage Units in Oregon City, OR
Other Storage Unit Options in Oregon City, OR
Storage Unit Sizes in Oregon City
- 5x5 Storage Units in Oregon City, OR
- 5x10 Storage Units in Oregon City, OR
- 5x15 Storage Units in Oregon City, OR
- 10x10 Storage Units in Oregon City, OR
- 10x15 Storage Units in Oregon City, OR
- 10x20 Storage Units in Oregon City, OR
- 10x25 Storage Units in Oregon City, OR
- 10x30 Storage Units in Oregon City, OR
About Oregon City
Oregon City is a mid-size city in Clackamas County, located just southeast of Portland. It has been growing steadily in recent decades, attracting visitors and residents alike with its spacious parks, outdoor activities, diverse businesses and friendly community. One of the biggest benefits of living in Oregon City is the quick and easy access to Portland, located just 20 miles away.
The History of Oregon City
The first permanent European settlement in the larger Willamette Valley was also the first city west of the Rocky Mountains, incorporated in 1844. Known as the terminus of the Oregon Trail, the city attracted thousands of settlers throughout the 19th century. During the 1840s and 50s, it was an important place for people looking to stake their claim for land after a long journey on the Oregon Trail. For a few years, Oregon City was the capital of the Oregon Territory, and it kept up with Portland's fast pace of development for quite some time.
Working in Oregon City
Oregon City and the greater Portland metropolitan area are home to businesses in the health care, education, finance and manufacturing sectors. This diversified economy provides a variety of jobs in Oregon City, which makes it possible to find something to fit your professional experience and goals. Portland State University and Portland Community College also provide thousands of jobs in the area.
Oregon City Schools
The Oregon City Schools District manages the public schools in the area, including for Oregon City and several neighboring communities. Among the special programs offered by the district are an alternative high school and several bilingual programs. There are also many private and parochial campuses in Oregon City.
Oregon City is also home to Clackamas Community College, providing a convenient location to pursue two-year degrees in a variety of fields.
Resources for Moving to Oregon City
Here are a few handy resources to make your move to Oregon City as easy as possible:
- Utilities: Major utilities providers in the Oregon City area include Clackamas County Water, Northwest Natural Gas and Portland General Electric.
- Garbage and Recycling: Trash, recyclables and yard waste are all collected on a regular basis.
- Transportation: Like most communities in the Portland metro area, Oregon City is connected via the TriMet public transportation network. There are also transit routes managed by the South Clackamas Transportation District and Canby Area Transit.
Oregon City Housing
Home prices in Oregon City are higher than the national average but fairly even with the Oregon state average. You'll find a large variety of comfortable family homes situated on spacious lots with shade trees and grassy backyards. There are also a few apartment communities around the city as well as single-family homes for rent.