Oops! Looks like there is limited availability for spaces that meet your search criteria.
Phone icon Please call us at 800-792-1602 and we'll help you find perfect storage space.
Storage Types in Aventura
- Boat Storage Units in Aventura, FL
- Businesss Storage Units in Aventura, FL
- Vehicle Storage Units in Aventura, FL
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Aventura, FL
- RV Storage Units in Aventura, FL
Other Storage Unit Options in Aventura, FL
Storage Unit Sizes in Aventura
Aventura is a growing suburban city in Miami-Dade County, fairly recently incorporated in 1995. Its proximity to Miami ensures that you can enjoy the perks of small-city living, and the amenities and conveniences of a big city. Aventura covers just less than 4 square miles of Florida land but hosts close to 3,000 different businesses, with the largest economic sectors including retail and health care.
Things to Do in Aventura
Aventura is named for the Spanish word for "adventure," and the city lives up to its name by offering plenty of things to do. The nearby Atlantic Coast provides plenty of opportunities to enjoy the ocean and its sandy beaches. From beachcombing to surfing, you'll never lack for opportunities to take advantage of Florida's warm, sunny climate.
The city is also home to one of the most popular shopping malls in the region, the Aventura Mall. You can also browse a variety of shops at Loehmann's Fashion Island, The Promenade Shops, the Aventura Commons and several other outdoor malls. You'll also find a number of parks in Aventura, which feature children's play areas, dog parks, picnic areas and recreational facilities.
In addition to its various amenities, Aventura also offers proximity to the major cities of Miami and Fort Lauderdale.
Jobs in Aventura
The unemployment rate in Aventura is slightly higher than the Florida average, which might be a bit intimidating if you're planning to join the local job market. However, job growth has been positive and the unemployment rate has been steadily dropping, which is good news for job hunters.
If you can't find something that's a good fit in Aventura, commuting to Miami for work is another option. The larger city has a diverse economy with a range of jobs to choose from, so you'll likely be able to find something that fits your experience and qualifications.
Miami-Dade County Public Schools operates the public schools in Aventura, ranging from elementary to high school. The Aventura City of Excellence School (ACES) is a public charter school that's a popular option in the area and is open to all students.
In terms of higher education, there are a number of colleges and universities in the greater Miami area.
Resources for Moving to Aventura
Here's some handy information to make your move to Aventura as easy as possible:
- Utilities: Florida Power & Light (FPL) is the city's primary electricity provider, while Miami-Dade County manages water and sewer services.
- Garbage and Recycling: Miami-Dade County facilitates curbside collection of trash and recyclables for all single-family homes in Aventura.
- Transportation: The Metrobus system runs throughout Aventura, providing connections to both the Metrorail and Metromover. In addition, you can utilize the Aventura express shuttle, which is a free public transportation service for Aventura residents.
Although the median home price in Aventura is higher than the Miami-Fort Lauderdale metropolitan area, prices have been dropping in recent years. This is good news if you're looking for an affordable home in the area. Apartment options are also plentiful, though average rent tends to hover above the thousand-dollar mark.