Oops! Looks like there is limited availability for spaces that meet your search criteria.
Phone icon Please call us at 800-792-1602 and we'll help you find perfect storage space.
Storage Types in Daytona Beach
- Boat Storage Units in Daytona Beach, FL
- Businesss Storage Units in Daytona Beach, FL
- Vehicle Storage Units in Daytona Beach, FL
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Daytona Beach, FL
- RV Storage Units in Daytona Beach, FL
Other Storage Unit Options in Daytona Beach, FL
Storage Unit Sizes in Daytona Beach
- 5x5 Storage Units in Daytona Beach, FL
- 5x10 Storage Units in Daytona Beach, FL
- 5x15 Storage Units in Daytona Beach, FL
- 10x10 Storage Units in Daytona Beach, FL
- 10x15 Storage Units in Daytona Beach, FL
- 10x20 Storage Units in Daytona Beach, FL
- 10x25 Storage Units in Daytona Beach, FL
- 10x30 Storage Units in Daytona Beach, FL
About Daytona Beach
Daytona Beach is a well-known beach town on the eastern coastline of Florida. This coastal city is perhaps best known for the early 20th-century images of race cars going head-to-head on its sandy beaches, and its racing roots continue to live on today through the Daytona 500 and countless other auto events.
The History of Daytona Beach
Daytona Beach was founded in 1870 but was not incorporated until 1876. Later, in 1926, the four towns of Daytona Beach, Daytona, Kingston and Seabreeze merged and became one city: the Daytona Beach as it's known today.
As early as 1904, the town was a top destination for testing and racing cars. The city's nickname of the World's Most Famous Beach came along in the 1920s, attracting visitors from all over the country with its exciting racing events, scenic views and warm weather. Today, Daytona Beach is still known as a place for car racing, beautiful beaches and amazing views.
Things to Do in Daytona Beach
Whether you're looking for a comfortable place to retire or a fun city for yourself and your family, Daytona Beach has plenty to offer. The city is home to several different beaches for residents and visitors alike to enjoy. You have your choice of over 23 miles of sandy beaches, most of which do not have pedestrian time restrictions. Or to combine the best of lush greenery with expansive ocean views, you can visit one of the many waterfront parks in the area.
In addition, Daytona Beach is home to the world-famous Daytona 500 races, as well as a number of other motorsports events. Golf is another popular pastime in Daytona Beach, with two major golf courses — the Daytona Beach Golf Course and the LPGA International — providing extensive greens.
The city's Museum of Arts and Sciences is a top cultural destination in the region, comprising several different museums, galleries and the Klancke Environmental Complex. For young families, the children's science center is a favorite corner of the city, while music lovers will enjoy the numerous performances put on by the Daytona Beach Symphony Society.
Daytona Beach Schools
Students who live in Daytona Beach are part of the Volusia School District. It operates a series of traditional elementary, middle and high schools, as well as several alternative education centers, charter schools, combination schools and a virtual instruction program.
Resources for Moving to Daytona Beach
Here are some helpful resources for planning your move and making the transition to Daytona Beach:
- Utilities: The city of Daytona Beach provides water service to residents, including its award-winning drinking water. Florida Power & Light (FPL) is the city's primary power provider.
- Garbage and Recycling: You can expect residential garbage collection twice a week.
- Transportation: The Voltran bus system operates a network of routes in Daytona Beach and its neighboring communities.
- Pets: All dogs and cats must be licensed in Daytona Beach.
Daytona Beach Housing
Despite its status as a popular beachfront city, Daytona Beach has a very affordable housing market. The median home price in Daytona Beach is far lower than the national average, making it an attractive option if you're looking for an enjoyable lifestyle at a budget-friendly price.